Over the years we have seen a lot of advancements in technologies, methodologies, and concepts. It has completely transformed the execution of web development from its core. Today, lots of developers are able to create dashboard templates using frameworks and technologies.
When we say from the core it includes all the functions, classes, features, standard coding structures.
Today, if you take a look at the programming world things have been optimistic. In the early days, you had a whole bunch of coding lines and it was difficult to identify a bug or error in thousands of code lines.
But today, we can identify it easily and not only that it has given extra freedom to create our layouts, design with some added functionalities.
Let’s checkout in-depth.
In general, you have been working long enough to develop a website using core technology. The things looked simple until the complexities were not at its peak.
If you are creating a normal website with 5 pages, for example, the complexity with coding does not seem to be affecting your productivity. But what matters really for you when a high-end web development project is in front of and you have little idea how to getting with that.
Bootstrap Framework: The Caricature of Modern Technology
Today, we will discuss one of the most admired and preferable frameworks around the world. This framework changed the course of web development with its features, functionalities, and of course architecture.
Here, we are going to talk about the Bootstrap framework that has been on the tongues of almost all developers. It has helped people around the world to design amazing dashboard templates.
Twitter powered Bootstrap framework was once developed and used only for internal projects as they were to handle a certain piece of code as a structure.
This was helpful to reuse the same set of classes or functions across the website. And you know the Twitter platform was never a small website that could be handled with limited coding structures. It required something massive, optimistic, and elegant to handle.
How the Bootstrap Framework is beneficial?
It is worthy to say that Bootstrap is one of the most dynamic frameworks developers have ever used. When you look around the benefits of using this framework it will give a feeling of awesomeness.
This framework has huge community support and therefore, you have a wide scope of learning new things consistently and quickly. They provide resources, learning materials, ready-to-go kits, and some of the promising features like responsiveness, customization options, elements, widgets along with lots of add-ons to foster your web development experience. There are a bunch of free admin templates available to try out.
Tips to know before Learning Bootstrap
Before you get into the basics of the Bootstrap framework and begin playing with is features. There are some prerequisites to get you going even smoother never before. These bootstrap 4 templates require proper knowledge and practice to design the masterpiece for your projects.
If you have these basics clear then the Bootstrap is going to be a thrilling experience for you.
Even we are excited to share with you some important points.
So, here we go.
1. HTML — For every website the core of its lies in HTML coding that helps to set a basic layout and outline of your project. We highly recommend you first each HTML element which will help you further handle complex development structures.
2. CSS — We always love giving an extra edge to our website through styling, colors, and effects. If you are well-versed with the class and its use along with its implementation the stage is yours.
Today, there are so many frameworks out there for different purposes and have their use.
4. Online Course — A lot of enthusiast coders start doing by themselves and spend hefty time in figuring out the actual implementation. This is completely the wrong approach.
It’s better to take up a basic course and then climb up the ladders to the advanced course. Otherwise, if you have basic knowledge and just looking to brush your understanding, crash courses are the best tonic for you. This will save a lot of time and will guide you to plan out your next step.
5. Latest version — For an experienced front-end developer, the latest version term is of regular understanding. But for newbies, it is very important to understand that every technology, programming language, or a framework consistently releases a newer version.
This may sound normal when you hear something like this but has in-depth roots and consequences.
These frameworks are uprooted by a strong community where the highly experienced developers consistently work on improving that particular framework with suggestions and testing at different levels.
Thereby, every newer version brings in new features or functionalities along with tons of add-ons.
6. Plugins — For any framework, plugins play an integral part. This is because a developer has certain requirements to fulfil.
Now, every time it is not necessary that all of your requirements are fulfilled at once. While you are developing a website your client asks for extra features that cannot be added within the time.
But do not worry, Bootstrap is smart enough to provide ready-to-use plugins to enhance your web development experience and ascertain your working environment.
7. Practice — Well, we all are aware of a saying, “Practice makes a developer perfect” (slightly changed).
Moving on with this to get a stronghold of Bootstrap framework it is of utmost importance to practice different functionalities and features as much possible.
This will give you a commanding mindset for developing a complex website. The more you practice, the more you earn.
You have a lot of free bootstrap themes available online to get started with basics.
8. Read a blog — We have a tendency where we excel to the next level by doing things that we learn. But, apart from that reading relevant blogs enhance your knowledge.
Blogs help you to stay updated with all the happenings around the Bootstrap framework and what’s on within the community.
9. Using Mobile-friendly features — Any website is half done if it does not responsive design for mobile devices. Today, most of the websites are mobile-friendly that provides the comfort of browsing a website.
This is also an important factor for user engagement and an increase in sales.
10. Reference Guides — Apart from reading blogs, to get the insightful knowledge of a particular concept reference guides works the best.
They have a descriptive explanation along with examples that craft your understanding.
11. Videos — It is said that the visuals stay for longer in our minds. When you watch videos that explain concepts through illustrations it directly imprints into your mind.
You can always learn a concept of a video length from 5 mins — 1 hr that has a bunch of updates, knowledge, examples, and case studies to share.
12. Networking — One of the best ways to engrave creativity and gain more experience is to connect with like-minded who work similar to you and have been in the industry for a longer time. This will help you to identify the best approach to solving real-world problems that are tried and tested. Knowledge-sharing works best than any medium.
Best Resources to learn Bootstrap
We understand that at times for newbies it becomes really difficult to find out the best course and websites from where they can learn, practice, and implement into their projects.
Below we have carefully researched and listed down the best-known resources that help you to encourage learning by doing more. Even you can learn and practice through free admin templates for nourishing your learnings.
So, relax and get going to all of this one by one to become a pro-Front-End developer.
- Get Bootstrap — This is the official website of the Bootstrap framework from where you can get complete information and learning materials about the same.
They have amazing documentation work to get you started with this framework.
- W3schools — It’s like a developer’s café where almost everyone starts learning to come on this website. It has an amazing methodology of explaining each concept through an example.
- Tutorials Point — Another cool website that helps you to learn programming languages through examples and concepts.
- Bootply — You can play and edit coding online using this online editor and it works like a visual builder where you code something and see the effect instantly.
- Code School — It has an amazing set of learning materials for learning to code in different languages.
- Bootstrap Creative — One of the most reliable places to refer to code snippets, resources, read blogs, and a lot of other stuff for you to improve your coding skills.
- Code Academy — You can take up any programming courses which also facilitate you with reading materials, quizzes, and much more. Not only that you also get a certificate on the completion of a course as an accomplishment. Isn’t it amazing?
- Mozilla Developer Network — Mozilla has got a huge community of developers and others where they share knowledge and latest trends, updates, and concepts with everyone. This is a good place to improve your knowledge.
- Bootpress — It has an amazing environment to experience where you can read blogs, code in real-time, and lot more.
There are some of the filtered courses for you that we thought will surely help you in the upcoming time.
- Bootstrap Certification:-
1. (Coursera) Bootstrap 4: Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools
2. Beginner Full Stack Web Development: HTML, CSS, React, Bootstrap & Node
3. Microsoft Bootstrap Certification (ed)
4. The Web Developer Bootcamp (Including Bootstrap) (Udemy)
5. Bootstrap 4 Tutorial from Scratch with 5 Projects (Udemy)
Free & Paid Bootstrap Dashboard Templates
WrapPixel provides a variety of different Bootstrap Templates.
Here is a list of few Bootstrap Dashboard Templates:
- Ample Bootstrap Admin Template — Free
- Monster Bootstrap Admin Template — Free
- MaterialPro Bootstrap Admin Template — Pro
- Xtreme Bootstrap Admin Template — Pro
- WrapKit — Multipurpose Website Template — Pro
In this blog, we described each thing to learn the Bootstrap framework effectively suggesting some of the important tips, websites, and courses that will help you as a newbie or mid-level experienced developer to advance to the next level.
We hope you achieve the highest level of knowledge, experience, and skillsets referring to this resourceful blog.